About Aly Saxe
Aly originally built IrisPR for her consulting company, but it was TOO GOOD! Other companies and competitors got wind of it and wanted to pay her to use it!!
As her PR agency agency grew, Aly became frustrated with the chaos of managing agency activities across a myriad of docs and spreadsheets and wanted a better way to track performance and report on value.
She took matters into her own hands and developed IrisPR, the first SaaS platform designed specifically to help brands streamline activity, measure, prove value, and build exceptional relationships.
PLUS, hear how she was 9 months pregnant and pitching investors!
- [00:19] Aly talks about what IrisPR does
- [00:40] How IrisPR started out as a software in her PR company
- [01:24] Having two kids and how Aly was pregnant when she was looking for funding for IrisPR
- [01:59] Aly talks about how it was a client that came up with the name IrisPR and the meaning behind it
- [02:57] How she made her first sale
- [03:56] What an entrepreneur looks like to Aly
- [04:34] How Aly starts her day
- [06:10] The best thing Aly has done for her business
- [06:20] Why how often she looks at her P&L is limited to once a month and how that relates to profitability
- [07:00] What Aly looks at outside of the P&L
- [08:56] How she is able to break the trust barrier and build bonds with prospective and current customers via her experience shares
- [10:02] What Aly has to BE in order to be as a business owner
- [11:44] The reason why Aly believes that work-life balance doesn’t exist and instead focuses on priorities
- [14:06] What’s next for IrisPR
- [14:14] The one advice Aly would give to both the budding entrepreneurs and those looking to scale
- [16:02] Rapid fire questions
Rapid Fire with Aly!
"I don't believe work/life balance exists... I really focus on my priorities, my health, my kids and my company... and you don't have to appologize to anyone if you don't have this perfect balance"