About Angela & Kyle Larkin
Angela & Kyle believe in all the “little” things: good relationships with our clients, giving your project the time and care it deserves, and honest communication.
You know a story is good when it starts out like this... Someone came to them and wanted to give them a larger check than they were comfortable with… so they decided it was time to actually build a business!
- [00:22] Angela talks about what they do at Extra Small Design
- [00:45] She tells how long their company has been around
- [01:09] Kyle talks about being architects before they were entrepreneurs and how that came to be
- [01:51] They tell the story of making their first sale at Extra Small Design
- [02:44] How the name that they came up with for their business started out as a joke
- [03:33] Kyle and Angela go into detail about how they break the trust barrier with the help of communication and the process of maintaining the company-customer relationship with the help of examples
- [08:16] What an entrepreneur looks like to Angela and Kyle
- [09:19] Why Angela thinks working for somebody else is easier compared to being an entrepreneur, which nevertheless offers flexibility
- [10:05] The thing that surprised them most about being a business owner
- [10:57] How much time Angela and Kyle spend ON their business
- [13:09] What advice Angela would give to both entrepreneurs that are new at it and those looking to scale
- [15:05] Meanwhile, Kyle advices not to lose sight of why they started what they started
- [16:57] Rapid fire questions
Rapid Fire with Angela & Kyle!
"Whatever you DO is what you get known for… be intentional about the type of work you want and you take on... especially in early stages"