About Beth Lebowitz
With Nimbus Legal, Beth is creating an innovative solution for growth stage and mid-market companies by offering outsourced strategic general counsel services on a flat monthly fee subscription basis.
Nimbus Legal was born from an idea rooted in the needs of fast-growing companies reaching middle market stage: quick, proactive, practical, and efficient legal services on a transparent flat fee subscription basis.
Her “why” is to give companies the tools for the intelligent consumption of legal services and to provide value.
Check out https://nimbuslegal.co to know more!
- [00:23] Beth talks about when she found Nimbus Legal and what it does
- [01:30] Previous jobs she had in various startups and where she got bit by the startup bug
- [02:17] Why technology implementation and use is part of Nimbus Legal
- [03:08] Talks about her husband and three-year-old daughter
- [03:14] Beth relays a funny story about her daughter coming to work
- [03:43] How Beth made her first sale
- [04:10] What a typical day is like for Beth providing in-house council instead of being in a traditional brick-and-mortar office
- [06:18] How it’s bad that the legal industry is not customer focused
- [06:58] What an entrepreneur looks like to Beth
- [07:49] Beth talks about her process of scaling Nimbus Legal
- [08:56] Talks about turning down potential customers
- [10:52] Gives a teaser about introducing another tech company for small businesses
- [11:16] What surprised her about being a business owner
- [12:41] The last time an activity made Beth totally lost track of time
- [14:35] How Beth holds herself accountable
- [15:45] What she has to BE in order to be a great entrepreneur/business leader
- [17:41] What advice/experience share would Beth give to budding entrepreneurs
- [20:22] A fun rapid fire question round
“I killed the billable hour... It HAD TO GO … it wasn’t working for companies”