About Greg Head
Scaling Point helps early-stage CEOs and founders who want to grow a substantial and valuable business. Greg knows there is a scalable growth opportunity but right now it’s just him… he’s back in the trenches just like all other entrepreneurs. With his newest business venture, Greg works with entrepreneurs to tighten the screws on their business… to get back to the go to market strategy that will work, the marketing that is going to be heard, and the investor story that is going to get it.
There is generally an A.D.D. required to be an entrepreneur… you gotta do a lots of things and sell to a lot of people in order to find where your niche is.
Check out Greg & Scaling Point here… http://scalingpoint.com
- [00:19] Greg talks about his career trajectory in the software industry and how that led him to help entrepreneurs scale and structure their startups at Scaling Point
- [01:58] Insightful is the word he’d use to describe himself as he likes to solve the puzzles of scaling up
- [02:28] What a good day looks like to Greg
- [03:05] How he figured out the balance in his personal and work life much later in his career, but still mixes it up as he’s passionate about what he does
- [04:40] How Greg measure performance in his business other than revenue
- [04:52] The time he spends ON his business includes quarterly planning and some everyday refining of the business
- [05:41] How building a system in his business enabled Greg to do other things like speaking at events
- [06:29] What Greg does to release stress now that he didn’t focus on at all in the first 20 years of his career
- [07:07] Who he thinks he has to be in order to be a good entrepreneur
- [07:49] The advice he’d give to other entrepreneurs
- [10:03] He talks about the differences in startups that are really just experiments at first and their scaling
- [11:22] Greg tells where people can find more about Scaling Point
"There is generally an A.D.D. required to be an entreprenuer, you gotta do a lots of things and sell to a lot of people in order to find where your niche is"