About Kevin McCarthy
Kevin McCarthy is an old friend (and mentor) and entrepreneur who just happens to also be a lawyer. He has expanded his law firms footprint to have more than 90 locations nationwide and believes that finances are a very personal matter and should be discussed in person with a qualified debt attorney.
He drops some very real and very captivating knowledge bombs about entrepreneurship -- these will really make you think!
- [00:27] Kevin talks about what they do at McCarthy Law i.e. helping people with debt
- [01:09] Kevin talks about his wife and where his kids work now that they’re “off the payroll” so to speak
- [01:46] Shines a light on his pre-McCarthy Law days as a lawyer, a cabinet manufacturer and his return to law
- [02:12] Why he decided to focus on debt settlement at McCarthy Law
- [02:58] The journey to going national, expanding into credit reports and other kinds of debts
- [04:39] Coming back to law and making his first sale
- [05:18] What an entrepreneur looks like to him i.e. it being a mindset rather than an identity
- [06:43] Kevin talks about the start of his day being a volitional process for him
- [08:31] The worst mistake he tends to make as a manager of people
- [09:47] How being open to a shared leadership role is the best thing he did for McCarthy Law
- [11:22] How he tries not to let the worst thing to happen in any given week color the whole week as he believes that business is very forgiving
- [13:04] How Kevin tries to savor the good moments
- [13:56] The Hoffman Process retreat that focused on vision
- [15:12] What Kevin has to BE in order to be a good business person/entrepreneur, doing vs being
- [16:46] How he expresses gratitude
- [17:52] Kevin gives advice/experience share for new entrepreneurs and for those looking to scale their business
- [19:49] Fun rapid fire questions
Rapid Fire with Kevin!
"You can't be a victim and be greatful at the same time"